About Me

I am a wife, a mother, a grandmother, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend, a daughter, and a teacher. I am many things, especially a writer. I am a person who loves the Lord. I am a Child of God. I am a Christian under construction. I want to be a Christ-like Christian. I want Jesus to call me "a woman who loves sharing about our Lord and Savior with others."

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Just relaxin'

Watching Eat Pray Love with Julia Roberts.  Gordon is hunting.  I am being lazy in bed.  Housework was never on my list of things to do while I was off work for Thanksgiving and Black Friday.  Oh how luxurious this has been.  I just love being by myself and watch what I want when I want.  Don't get that very often and when I do I enjoy every second of it.  Then he comes home and things go back to the way they have always been for 29 and half years.  And then I begin to feel guilty for wanting to be by myself.  Two months and 13 days ago I almost was by myself forever.  My husband almost committed suicide.  We have not talked about it since then.  I think about it every day and he has never thought of it again.  I don't want to be by myself as like without my husband.  I just want to be by myself occasionally.  I want to be able to read a book when I want.  I want to journal when I feel like it not just when the moment lends itself.  I want to be able to finish a scrapbook page.  I want to watch shows I enjoy when they come on not just when he is gone.  I want to  wear what I want.  I want to be me.  But I don't know who me is really.  I would like the opportunity to discover who Marshel may be.  I am 52.  I don't know how long I am going to be around this world, no one does, but I pray that the Lord will give me the chance to find me someday before I go to be with Him one day.  Well, that is deep and right now I have to get ready for work.  I will continue to relax knowing I am thankful the Lord has provided me this day, today, to be alive and well.  God bless your day, Marshel

1 comment:

  1. Was the movie good? I enjoy alone times, but I usually can only sneak one in of a morning.

    ReplyDelete