About Me

I am a wife, a mother, a grandmother, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend, a daughter, and a teacher. I am many things, especially a writer. I am a person who loves the Lord. I am a Child of God. I am a Christian under construction. I want to be a Christ-like Christian. I want Jesus to call me "a woman who loves sharing about our Lord and Savior with others."

Monday, January 23, 2012

Almost finished

Tonite I take my final in my marketing course and then begin a new course tomorrow.  It will be my last one.  I have not looked to see the name of it but I do know it is the hardest one of all.  It will be the tenth course and it takes what we learned in the other nine and we have to rely on what we learned to pass the course.  We will be starting a business from the ground up and I have to find the money to start this business as well as find the necessary businesses to help get it built, such a construction workers, plumbers, electricians, interior decorators, etc.  I have prayed what this business would be that I want to start from scratch.  I have decided on a mini mall.  In the mall it will have a coffee shop with internet access.  There will be a book store with conference rooms for meetings. It will have new and used books as well as a Christian section. There will be a gym for those who want to walk or work out on their lunch hour and it will have a daycare for hourly drop ins.  That way consumers can go to the coffee shop or the other businesses and get their work done or just have some leisure time to themselves or with friends.l  There will also be a scrapbooking store with cropping rooms and parties.  There will be a small craft store too.  It will also have a snack bar and vending machine room for quick choices for those on the run.  There will be a small bakery that will house just cupcakes and donuts and take orders for cupcakes.  There will be a beauty supply store and a hairdresser that takes walk ins.  I also want to include a consignment store where the many talented people in our town can sell their wares.  And my favorite part there will be a thrift store for those who want to find treasures.  Do you think I have taken on too much for my business endeavor?  I have already named the stores etc.  And the mall itself will be called Triple M.  My name is Marshel Marie Morrison.  Unless you all can think of a better name for the mini mall.  So, let me know what you think of this project I have to have completed in five weeks from now. 

I really would love to be able to start a real business like this one.  I know it would be successful because I will put the Lord first and foremost into all the decisions etc.  And each store would have to pay me a small rental fee which I would be able to tithe.  I have thought of this for many years.  One of those if I had a million dollars what would I do with it.  See, I am an insomniac and that was how I used to try to make myself fall asleep.  I would spend a million dollars in one night.  But my doctor said the reason I never fell asleep was I was working myself into my insomnia trying to spend it all.  I would not leave one detail out.  I actually would end up making more money to spend because I would have to invest it and then the circle would continue.  I know.  I am crazy.  Being OCD didn't help either. So, since the money is not an option I can make my mini mall be anyway I want and I am excited about this project.  It will be alot of work but I am ready.

Would anyone like to come and read to my customers?  There will also be a room for journaling in the book store and in the coffee shop.  We could meet there and have a grand time being journaling buddies.  I would love to share my time at the mall with my friends.  Let's make a date to meet when the mall is completed.  It is a virtual mall and I think we can have a virtual date to enjoy each of the stores in the mall.  Who wants to come to the mall's grand opening?  I will virtually make arrangements for you to come to it.

I am having so much fun getting this project started.  I will let you know how it goes okay.  May the Lord bless your day today.  Love Marshel

No comments:

Post a Comment