About Me

I am a wife, a mother, a grandmother, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend, a daughter, and a teacher. I am many things, especially a writer. I am a person who loves the Lord. I am a Child of God. I am a Christian under construction. I want to be a Christ-like Christian. I want Jesus to call me "a woman who loves sharing about our Lord and Savior with others."

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Well the month is

almost over.  I feel as if I am already a failure and the year has just begun.  A failure in keeping my commitments I voiced at the beginning of the new year.  I did not want to call them resolutions because I knew I would never keep them.  So I figured if I called them something else that would help.  I called them commitments and I am failing at keeping them.

I have already mentioned them in another post.  They were spending time with the Lord in the morning before going to work. Attend every church service I can.  Reading my Bible more.  Keeping current with my daily devotional readings.  Making a journal entry daily in my personal journals.  And blogging more than I was.  Failing on all accounts.

So, I am really glad that the Lord is a God of do overs, because I need to do over my list of commitments.  First thing on the list is to spend more time in prayer with the Lord.  And after that do what ever is possible in the time frame I have available to me.  To take advantage of every opportunity to do something for the Lord.  Find a reason in each day to thank the Lord for the treasures I uncover that He has graciously provided.  And to always remember to praise Him for all things.  That is my new list of commitments.  I hope I don't fail in this one too.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for the forgiving love you so bestow on me and my family.  There are so many days that I neglect to spend time with you.  I forget to pray.  I forget to praise.  I forget to put my focus on you first.  I forget to open my Bible.  I forget to journal.  I forget that I have you in my life.  Father, forgive my neglect and let me continue to put you first from this day forward.  Thank you Lord for forgiving my sins.  Your child, Marshel

No comments:

Post a Comment